Trees are a very important part of our ecosystem and neighborhood. They provide a habitat for the variety of biodiversity found in the city.
If you want to increase the green cover in your locality, the first thing you should do is take stock of the trees that share space with you. The tree census is an important scientific, technical, and educational effort. The results enable us to characterize the tree population in terms of its structure, function, and value.
Trees are a very important part of our ecosystem and neighborhood. They provide a habitat for the variety of biodiversity found in the city. This includes several species of birds, butterflies, and small mammals. Tree Census Survey helps us to understand the trees that are around our neighborhood and creates awareness among people to preserve them better.
Why Tree Census
- Number of tree present in the jurisdiction
- Number of species available in the jurisdiction
- Exact location of rare species or endangered species
- Medical plants location (for public awareness & utilization if necessary)
- Human Tree Ratio
Region wise growth rate of the tree
- How many trees are present on Roads, Government and Private location
- Origin wise distribution of trees
- Tree location which is dangerous for commuters
- Suitable places for new plantation
- Places with high density of trees
- Tree diversity in the region
GPS & GIS Enabled Census
- Geographical information system is a system designed to capture, store, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographical data
- Global Positioning System is a radio navigation system that allows land, sea, and airborne users to determine their exact location, velocity, and time 24 hours a day, in all weather conditions, anywhere in the world.
- Earn Carbon points with a proper tree-human ratio
- Identify commercial tree in your region and ensure they are safeguarded
- Identify regions with lower trees in your city and plan a plantation drive.
- As per Government regulation; every city has to do tree census once in 5 years. Helps city with compliance